Registration as Carer
1. If an orphaned or injured native animal requires to be cared for, WRI phone coordinators can arrange for the animal to be taken to a competent carer.
2. Persons wishing to register with WRI as a native animal carer are required to hold an authorisation from the appropriate State authority or a licenced group.
3. A registered carer’s name and contact details are kept confidential, accessible only by Call Centre staff and administrators.
4. There is no fee for registering as a carer, nor is it necessary to join WRI.
5. A registered carer may be contacted regarding potential rescuers in the area.
1. Persons applying to register as a carer with Wildlife Rescue Inc must:
• be 18 years of age or over;
• hold an appropriate licence or authorisation (if required by law);
• specify the native animal(s) for which they are qualified to care;
• have no criminal convictions, particularly relating to cruelty to animals; and
• not be involved in any commercial activity which conflicts with WRI’s aims or objectives.
Click here to register as a carer with Wildlife Rescue Inc
If appropriate, applications to register as a licenced carer are forwarded to the relevant licenced group for confirmation