Membership of Wildlife Rescue Inc
Wildlife Rescue Inc has established an Australia-wide call centre to facilitate the rescue of Australian native animals. This 24/7/365 service is provided by WRI phone coordinators (PCs), supported by other members of the association.
Note: “Wildlife Rescue Australia” is the registered business name of Wildlife Rescue Inc.
All members of WRI are required to play an active role in the Association, either as a PC, research/admin/fundraising officer or other office bearer appointed by the Board.
A person may support WRI by registering as a rescuer or licenced carer WITHOUT JOINING WRI.
1. Persons applying for membership of Wildlife Rescue Inc must:
• be 18 years of age or over;
• have no criminal convictions, particularly relating to cruelty to animals; and
• not be involved in any commercial activity which conflicts with WRA’s aims or objectives.
2. Persons wishing to become a PC should preferably have:
• a working knowledge of native animal welfare;
• the maturity to handle calls from the public;
• good organisational skills;
• an adequate computer/internet and phone system; and
• good computer skills.
3. Other positions currently available are described on the Positions Vacant page.
4. Members in receipt of a Centrelink benefit are required to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours per week. It is preferred that other members of WRI volunteer for a similar period.
Wherever practicable, new members are required to act as a phone coordinator for an introductory period, so as to gain some understanding of the role.
A member giving his/her time and effort to support WRI is not required to pay any membership fee.
To apply for Membership of WRA, complete the online application form.