Membership of Wildlife Rescue Inc
As its names implies, Wildlife Rescue Inc has established an Australia-wide call centre to facilitate the rescue of Australian native animals. This 24/7/365 service, operated under the registered business name “Wildlife Rescue Australia“, is provided by WRI phone coordinators (PCs), supported by other members of the association.
All members of WRI are required to play an active role in the Association, either as a PC, research officer, fundraising officer or other office bearer appointed by the Board – or on the Board itself.
1. Persons applying for membership of Wildlife Rescue Inc must:
• be 18 years of age or over;
• have no criminal convictions, particularly relating to cruelty to animals; and
• not be involved in any commercial activity which conflicts with WRI’s aims or objectives.
2. Members in receipt of a Centrelink benefit are required to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours per week. It is preferred that other members of WRI volunteer for a similar period.
Wherever practicable, new members are required to act as a phone coordinator for an introductory period, so as to gain some understanding of the role.
A member giving his/her time and effort has been deemed sufficient support for WRI; no additional financial payment should be asked. Therefore, no membership fees are levied.
To apply for Membership of Wildlife Rescue Inc